Are you folks are still updating the legacy version?

zheng Ji
zheng Ji EN Basic Posts: 10 Beginner
edited March 2023 in Ask the Community

Hi, are you folks are still updating the legacy version? Some functions are missing, (such as I can't customize or store the border design)

The new version is very inconvenient to use. More importantly, I am worrying about the compatible issues. As mentioned in my previous posts, it cannot differ the icons of attachment and url. I hope you are still updating the legacy version. Forcing customers to use the new version is not the correct thing, seems to me.

I have built hundreds of maps so far and have my habits of using icons and colors. Nobody knows when you are going for another major change to the software, and all those habits have to be changed because of your unexpected updates.

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @ashortname - thanks for reaching out!

Sorry to hear about this issue - while we aren't going to be adding new features to the Legacy editor, it should remain usable and bug-free for your account. I'm investigating this now...

Edit: I was able to reproduce this issue on my end as well - while it seems possible to customize and save new borders, I can also see that the older "default" settings are gone.

I'll take this issue to our development team to get to the bottom of this and update you in this thread.

P.S. Sorry to hear about your disappointment with the new editor - I've forwarded your feedback personally to the MindMeister team.

Best,

Andrew