enter date with text

Options
İbrahim Yalçın
İbrahim Yalçın EN Pro Posts: 2 Beginner

Hello there

I have opened more than 50 cards in a project and I need to enter the date on each of them. and it is very difficult and troublesome to enter all of them one by one by clicking with the mouse. Maybe I didn't realize it, but is there a field where we can enter the date by typing on the cards. for example 29.08.2038

Tagged:

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,402 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @İbrahim Yalçın and welcome to the community 👋🙂

I highly recommend pressing and holding STRG (Windows machine) in the related project, and clicking on the desired tasks. As soon as you click on more than one task, MeisterTask will show a hint at the top of your project board.

Now you can, for example, add a tag with the desired date, if it is the same for all the chosen tasks. That would be my preferred solution in this case. You can also filter the tasks by the desired date with this solution.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• İbrahim Yalçın
    İbrahim Yalçın EN Pro Posts: 2 Beginner
    Options

As I said before; there are 50 different cards in a project and they all need to have an end date. for example, these are the validity dates of the drivers' licenses of the drivers working in the warehouse. and you know that these dates are usually always later dates and it really takes me a lot of time to enter these dates for each driver. I used to use Trello before and I didn't have such a problem. there I could enter the dates by typing them. but in meistertask application I have to select the year 2036 first and then I have to mark the month and day and as you can imagine this is really tiring and boring. i will share my complaint in English and Turkish languages so that if you have a Turkish speaking employee who will contact me, he will understand my problem better.

I am uploading a video that summarizes the situation.

Sanırım ihtiyacım olanı tam olarak anlatamadım. daha önce de söylediğim gibi; bir projenin içinde 50 farklı kart var ve hepsinin bir bitiş tarihi olması lazım. örneğin depoda çalışan şöförlerin ehliyetlerinin geçerlilik tarihi bunlar. ve sizde biliyorsunuz ki bu tarihler genelde hep ileri tarihler oluyor ve her bir şöför için bu tarihleri girmek gerçekten çok zamanımı alıyor. daha önce Trello kullanıyordum ve böyle bir sorunum yoktu. orada tarihleri yazarak girebiliyordum. ama meistertask uygulamasında önce 2036 senesini seçmem gerekiyor sonrada ay ve günü işaretlemem gerekiyor ve tahmin edersiniz ki bu gerçekten çok yorucu ve sıkıcı. şikayetimi İngilizce ve türkçe dillerinde paylaşacağım böylece benimle iletişime geçecek türkçe bilen bir çalışanınız varsa sorunumu daha iyi anlayacaktır.

size durumu özetleyen bir video yüklüyorum.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,402 Community Leader
    Options

Hi Ibrahim,

I have understood your problem and I have informed the Meister-Team for further clarification.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 687 Community Admin
    Options

Hi @İbrahim Yalçın , wow, 2036… your tasks take a looong time to finish. I sorry to hear that selecting this date is tedious and takes a long time. You are correct, it takes a lot of clicks to get to that year.

Like @Joerg Koper said, I would also advise that you select all 50 tasks and then set the due date for all of those 50 tasks once. This bulk action, allows you to be really efficient. Then you only have to select the date once.

Below in the example you can see that I select all my tasks in this project. Then I can select the due date for all of them.