Speakers Wanted for Mind Mapping events!

Liam Hughes
Liam Hughes EN Business Posts: 10 Active Contributor
edited August 22 in Ask the Community

Hi everyone!

We have an exciting 6 months of virtual mind mapping events planned at Biggerplate, and have a few speaking slots still available for some events. If you're interested to share your mind mapping experience and insights, then I'd love to hear from you!

Our events/topics are as follows:

19 Jan: Strategic Planning with Mind Maps

16 Feb: Mind Mapping for Projects & Productivity

30 Mar: Mind Mapping in Education

27 Apr: Mind Mapping for Creativity & Innovation

25 May: The Visual Toolkit

29 Jun: Mind Mapping for Entrepreneurs

If you are interested to present at any of these events, please leave a comment here and I'll get in touch with additional details!

Founder: Biggerplate.com
Helping you go further with mind mapping.

Comments

• Eva Schindler
    Eva Schindler EN Basic, Admin, MeisterLobster Posts: 79 Community Admin

Hi Liam, thanks for sharing!! :)

• Jens Brinch Moeller
    Jens Brinch Moeller MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 30 Star Contributor

Hi Liam,

Where would you place a mind map representing your career (CV) seen from different perspectives?

I started to share my CV on LinkedIn using a mind map to demonstrate that each of us have multiple skills (got sidetracked by a project so need to finish the series 🧐 ) - that might not fit in to an online application form, but represents strengths and what you can bring to the table.

Best regards,

Jens Brinch

Best regards,

Jens Brinch

##################

Follow me on LinkedIn and at Kaje Engineering

• Liam Hughes

Hi Jens - sounds like an interesting mental exercise, which probably helps to create a CV tailored for the different variations of a job a person might apply for. Are you suggesting this would be a good presentation topic for a Biggerplate Connect event, or am I misunderstanding?

• Jens Brinch Moeller

Hi Liam, I was more seeing this as an exercise for the individual 🧐

It would be fantastic if a company would spend some time on evaluating what they actually need of qualifications for a specific position - it's too easy to create a "wish list" which only a very few if any might be able to match 😲

Having some life experience 🤫 I find that many would benefit from stepping back and with an open mind review their own history in order to find their strengths aka their spot of excellence and where they thrive 🤓

I spend 20+ years before a friend hit the nail by asking this one question, that made me aware of my strengths and where I thrive 😏

I will let you decide whether it's a potential topic for a Biggerplate Connect Event or not - I am open to show up presenting my personal history 😎

Best regards,

Jens Brinch

##################

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,615 Community Admin

Hi @Jens Brinch Moeller,

Thanks for sharing these insightful comments - I'd love to see your CV mind map. I'll reach out to you via DM!

Best,

Miša

• Liam Hughes

@Jens Brinch Moeller I like this. We actually have quite a few mind map templates/examples on Biggerplate which are to help people explore/review/plan around their career.

One idea I have is to possibly include this in our December 2023 Biggerplate Connect event (not yet published) which will be focused on making 2024 your best year. I think the topic could fit nicely with that event, showing how an individual can pause at the end of 2023, and do the reflection and thinking that you describe, using MindMeister to help!

If you're interested to present your ideas, let me know… you still have a bit of time to prepare…! 😂

• Jens Brinch Moeller
    edited March 2023

@Liam Hughes Have a look at my sharing in April and then let's decide if you can use my map for your December event 😎

Best regards,

Jens Brinch

##################

• Liam Hughes

Sounds good @Jens Brinch Moeller - let me know when you've published anything I can take a look at!

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,615 Community Admin

Hi @Liam Hughes,

You can find @Jens Brinch Moeller's map here. I was very impressed by the creativity of it - hope you enjoy!

Best,

Miša

• Liam Hughes

This is a great article - and excellent use of mind mapping to explore beyond the confines of a traditional CV/resume!