📣 MeisterNote Update: Improved Comments/Discussions

Andrew Lapidus
Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
edited March 26 in Announcements & Updates

Hello again to our MeisterNote community members!

I wanted to let you all know about a major update to comments/discussions in MeisterNote being rolled out this week:

💡What's new:

• Discussions and comments have been moved to a separate sidebar, making collaboration and sharing feedback on notes easier and more intuitive than ever.
  • Discussions are now threaded — simply click on any open discussion to view all replies.
  • Resolved discussions are now archived under a separate menu.
  • Notification settings for comments and mentions are more granular and customizable.

🤔 Why make these changes?

• Usability testing has consistently shown that users prefer this visual style of commenting/providing feedback on shared documentation.
  • Comments are now easier to find.
  • Resolved discussions are no longer permanently deleted.

🚀 What's next?

In a following update, the team will introduce:

• Editing comments/discussions
  • Reopening resolved comments/discussions
  • Permanently deleting comments/discussions

As always, we'd love to hear your feedback about this update. Go ahead and leave us your thoughts and reactions in the comments section below — our product and community teams will do our best to answer any open questions. 😃

More information on this feature can be found in our help center documentation here.

Best wishes and happy Thursday!

Andrew

Comments

• Andrew Lapidus

On a personal note: this update has been an absolute game changer when it comes to content creation in MeisterNote — collabs with @Miša Hennin have never been easier! 😀

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,359 Community Leader

What a cool news @Andrew Lapidus and @Miša Hennin 😎

This new feature increases the productivity tremendously. With it, MeisterNote will especially ease the team communication within published repositories and whitepapers.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,307 Community Admin

Absolutely agreed @Andrew Lapidus,

Much easier to keep track of discussions now 😁.

• JoiedeVivre
    JoiedeVivre EN Basic Posts: 65 Star Contributor

Wanted to quickly stop by the community and say what a fan I am of the update. Bravo to the team!

Would also still love to see the visuals of the previous comment feature (accordion dropdown) as a content block 😀

• Lina
    Lina EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 22 Active Contributor

Like Andrew said - game changer!

Love the new discussions sidebar. Congrats!

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

LIKE!

Would love to have this disscusions function in MT too… 😉

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Joerg Koper
    edited May 2023

Cool idea @Rooster McNugget 😎

Would be great to be able, to discuss a project in general this way in MT. I think, task related discussions are still kept best in the task itself to avoid a confusion of information.

On the other hand, it could be very interesting to have an indicator in the sidebar, that involves the task in question too. This way, every discussion could be implemented (and be reached very fast) in the sidebar.

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• Samuel Schläpfer
    Samuel Schläpfer MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 595 Community Leader

Well, I made a simiular feature request here… maybe I get your vote in this… 😉

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Joerg Koper

Hi Samuel,

the actual situation shows, that we move in the direction of your related feature request. You've got my vote there 😉 but…related to a complete chat solution, I keep up my statement, that slack already offers all of that and can be easily integrated into MT 😊

Best, Jörg

• Andrew Lapidus

Loving the discussion here 😀 Even as a diehard Slack user, i have to agree about the utility of having the discussions feature directly integrated into MeisterNote. In addition to its obvious usefulness and sleek design, it definitely has that certain unexplainable "speed feel" that characterizes world-class apps. Hats off to our devs 🙌

By the way: there will soon be some exciting news related to integrating MeisterNote features into MeisterTask… stay tuned! 😉 🤐