Insert a picture directly to the task comments by Ctrl+V

Watcharin Saardwong
Watcharin Saardwong EN Basic Posts: 4 Beginner
edited September 2023 in MeisterTask Feature Board

It would be helpful if we can paste a picture directly to the task (in the conversation tab/ comments section) by using Ctrl+V similar to Trello.

Could you please consider to develop this feature.

Thank you,

Watcharin

10 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Comments

• moazbasha
    moazbasha EN Basic Posts: 10 Beginner

If I want to send image to someone on task, I need to send it in line with comment

Sometime image related to task (Task Attachments)

And sometime image related to comment only

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,610 Community Admin

Hey!

This is already offered. Is it not working for you?

Best,

Miša

• Watcharin Saardwong

This function is not similar with Trello. In meister task can drag picture file and drop directly to the card as attachment file. but in Trello we can use Ctrl+C in Snipping Tools and paste to conservation box in the card. please find below for a sample.

• Miša Hennin

Hi,

You can paste into a task in MeisterTask (see screenrecording). It doesn't work if you click in the "Click to add a comment box" but if you simply open a task and click Ctrl + V, it will paste what you have in your clipboard.

It will add the image to the Attachments section.

Am I misunderstanding?

Best,

• Watcharin Saardwong

Hello,

I have tried as your recommendation. Ok, it works very well. but the picture will add to attachment section not in conversion like trello. If we can add picture into the conversation box that will helpful for showing the example or capture the screen to explain something out of only text.

Is that possible to have something like this ?

Thank you,

• Miša Hennin

Hey,

Yes, you're right - It is slightly different. I will edit your post to make that clear and specific!

Best,

Miša

• Watcharin Saardwong

Great!, I hope that will be coming soon.

• This content has been removed.
  • Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 671 Community Leader

Interessting that nobody gave an vote here. I realy like this idea… Common volks, vote up for this feature! 😉👍️

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,469 Community Leader
    edited March 11

Absolutely agree with you, Rooster. I'm in too 👍️

Sometimes it would be nice to insert a specific screenshot into a comment instead of having to describe the file, that the comment belongs to. Cool request @Watcharin Saardwong 😉

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Hans Cerd
    Hans Cerd EN Pro Posts: 3 Beginner

Hi! While the Conversations feature is for the most part adequate, its usefulness would be greatly enhanced if the user can paste images into the text box to allow for more context with comments. The current way of attaching images is very disconnected with the comments section and adds a layer of difficulty to explaining things in an organized way.

Thank you!

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 671 Community Leader
    edited June 28

You have my vote! 👍️
    Would also like to have this possibility.

Best, Rooster

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin
    edited June 28

Hi 👋,

i just want to leave a tip here, that you can already reference any attachment in a comment. I use this method myself quite often, because it is so useful. You just have to type / , followed by the name of the attachment you'd like to mention.

• Hans Cerd
    Hans Cerd EN Pro Posts: 3 Beginner
    edited June 28

Hi @Cornelia Patscheider! Thanks for the tip. It's certainly handy and a good stopgap measure. Although clipboard-based pasting would still be the most intuitive way of adding images to comments especially for newer team members. Would be a great help when this feature is up, but will utilize your suggestion for now.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,469 Community Leader
    edited June 28

Hi @Hans Cerd,

I'm in too 👍️

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin
    edited June 28

Hi @Hans Cerd ,

I am going to merge this ideas with an already existing feature idea, so that the votes can be counted together.

• This content has been removed.