How do I add the following Move Task automations?

Options
Cado 7
Cado 7 EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
edited June 2023 in Ask the Community

I need to do the following automations:

When add a tag "To do" to a task:
automation
move task to:
Section: Work

When task is completed:
automation
move task to:
Section: Done

how do i do this?

Best Answers

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,349 Community Admin
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Cado 7,

At the moment, it's not possible to add a tag to a task when it is moved to a section. You can do this in reverse: Move a task to a section and a tag is automatically added. Would you like assistance with this?

Feel free to add a feature request though!

For the second, it is currently not possible to automatically move a task when it's completed. However, you can upvote the feature request here:

I hope this helps.

Best,

Miša

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,379 Community Leader
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Cado 7 👋🙂

I'd like to supplement @Miša Hennin's answer related to your first question:

It's unfortunately not (yet) possible to insert an automation like that. I'm absolutely in love with automations. But to be honest, I want to see productivity steps, like you described in the first question, to be made manually as part of "active work steps". That prevents us from mistakes, that could be caused by accidentally inserted tags. The real sense and most powerful feature of tags is, to filter project tasks by them and to give better overviews.

If you'd love to see it implemented in MeisterTask, please feel free to submit a related feature request.

In the meantime, you can very easily create a section, called "In Progress" and move tasks as part of work steps into that one. In this section, you can insert further automations if needed.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.