Can I create a main topic with a shadow?

Options
pico work
pico work EN Basic Posts: 7 Beginner
edited October 2023 in Ask the Community

I have not found a way to add formatting to show a main topic with a shadow (second example). Am I missing something obvious? I have tried changing themes and changing back, resetting the theme didn't fix either.

I think the one shown with a shadow was converted from the old editor vs starting a new map.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Pico and @Jörg:

I just chatted with some developers who are investigating how the shadowed topic might have been created… seems to be a bit of a mystery and I couldn't duplicate it with a converted map (old → new editor).

In the meantime, I was able to create a somewhat similar outcome by changing the border color to one that is just a bit darker than white:

Unfortunately wasn't able to duplicate the shadow… Hope this helps!

Best,

Andrew

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @pico work,

You're unfortunately right. Those formattings have been part of the old editor. But if you want to have more formatting features like that in the new editor, you can submit a feature request.

How have you created the example with the shadow, by the way? 😉

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    Options

For me, this design is absolutely acceptable as an alternative for a shadowed, or let's say, highlighted element, Andrew 👍️

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• pico work
    Options

@Andrew Lapidus

@Joerg Koper

Thank you both for your responses and the fast turnaround!

I'll submit a feature request and use the workaround with the gray outline for now.

»How have you created the example with the shadow, by the way?«

Jörg, I'm pretty sure I reused a mindmap which was created with the old editor. Maybe I can copy and paste? 🤔

• pico work
    Options

I tried a copy/paste and it works, but I can't replace the main topic.

"Create as map" from this topic also resets the shadow:

• Joerg Koper
    Options

Good morning,

Andrew created the example topic with the shadow. We have a very nice explanation of copying styles in MindMeister, that may help you out. Should work with your main topic too 👍️

I'll have a look at your feature request 🙂

Best, Jörg

• pico work
    Options

the "paste style" didn't work for the shadow, it reverts to the look of the theme

I copied and pasted a topic which has the shadow but after closing then reopening the map, it resets it for the copy even though the source topic keeps it.