Is the following possible?

Options
blackened
blackened EN Basic Posts: 2 New Here
edited November 2023 in Ask the Community

Does the application have capibility to connect the ideas, say, in the above manner. For example, from idea A we have two childs B and C, but I want to show that the children X, Y, and Z are the children of not just B or C but both?

Best Answer

• Emily
    Emily EN Pro Posts: 132 Star Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi! It's possible to freely position the topics, but I don't think it's possible to split two idea into three ideas. You might still be able to try using connections, but it won't look exactly as the above. Would love to see flowcharts like this possible in MM though!

Answers

• Stephani Schupbach
    Stephani Schupbach EN Pro Posts: 5 Beginner
    Options

@blackened …. I, too, thought this would be a helpful feature, so I tried it with connections as @Emily suggested. It's a clunky and cluttered solution but would work if you didn't want to connect Idea B to Idea A but still wanted to show a relationship.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @StephS and welcome to the community 👋🙂

What you'd like to create is similar to a flow chart, and MindMeister does unfortunately not support this feature so far. We had some similar questions in the past and I think it would be a great idea, to write a related feature request.

If you'd like to do so, you can find some information here.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Stephani Schupbach
    Stephani Schupbach EN Pro Posts: 5 Beginner
    Options

Thanks @Joerg Koper — it's not quite a flow chart, it's more the ability to link several entities to a group of children. But I see your point. I'll have to think about this a bit more and submit a feature request when I've defined it better. Thanks for the feedback!

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,386 Community Leader
    Options

Hi Steph,

I do absolutely understand what you mean, and I agree with you on this. This feature would be needed and very cool.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.