is it possible to set up connections between map files?

Options
BIN LING
BIN LING EN Free Trial Posts: 3 New Here

for example, in map file 1, I have a topic, which extends 5 sub-topics, let me name those subs as 1-1, 1-2 until 1-5. then I have another map file 2, which branches 7 sub-topics numbered from 2-1 to 2-7.

Somehow, I found that I am in the demand to connect 1-2 with 2-7, I am wondering if there is a quick way to arrange a connection from 1-2 to be attached under 2-7 or I have to MANUALLY build up the same content of 1-2 inside file 2 under sub topic 2-7?

note: 1-2 is quite big and with multiple levels under it.

Answers

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @BIN LING and welcome to the community 👋🙂

Can you please provide us with a picture or drawing of that? It would make it easier to understand the problem a bit faster 😉

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• BIN LING
    Options

this picture is my explanation, I need to export entire 1-2 from map file 1 to map file 2 , this is a cross file conection. I knew that connection inside a map file is easy to set up.

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper DACH Partner, MT Tester, DE Business, EN Advocate Posts: 1,389 Community Leader
    Options

You can work with the connection feature in MindMeister, to connect the desired topics.

I hope that helps you out 👍️

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

• BIN LING
    Options

As I said, I knew this skill of connection. What I did not know is how to make a cross FILE connection. in your sample, all topics are in the same file.

• Joerg Koper
    Options

Sorry, that's not possible. But if you like, you can write a corresponding feature request.