Why am I unable to enter text in a note?

Burton Everist
Burton Everist EN Basic Posts: 4 New Here
edited February 26 in Ask the Community

When I click on the space to enter a note no cursor shows there nor am I able to type in any text. I am able to use Comment and type there, but I really need to use the note entries.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrew Lapidus
    Andrew Lapidus Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,007 Community Admin

Hi @Burton Everist! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community 😁

The current iteration of the note function in MeisterTask is still read-only — our engineers are working on editing and comment functions for a future release. You'll be able to stay updated on this and other changes by following the announcements and updates category. Hope this helps!

Best,

Andrew

• Burton Everist

Thank you. But I am using Mindmeister itself. I have not chosen MeisterTask. Please respond.

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 620 Community Admin

Hi @Burton Everist ,

Could you check in your mind map what role you have? Please find a guide here how to do that. If you only have access privilege like "Can view" then you might not be permitted to make any changes to the map.

MeisterTask is a complete separate tool, and it does not supersede MindMeister, don't worry :)

• Burton Everist

Thank you. I am the owner.This and many other maps are not shared with any one else. I am able to make comments and other entries, move branches, save, upload picture, upload file, assign tasks. But I cannot enter a note.

• Denise R
    Denise R EN Basic Posts: 1 New Here

Same issue, also as a single user of MindMeister (no MeisterTask). I am able to add a note, but am not able to type text. Is there a fix yet?