🧠 MeisterNote of the Month: Quarterly Goals [Business]

Options
Miša Hennin
Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,388 Community Admin
edited March 26 in Tips and Templates

Hi, Meister Community!

It's time for part three of our Quarterly Goals series 🎉! Today, I'll show you how we document goals and their progress to build a clear and accessible resource for our entire team.

Creating and maintaining a single source of truth means we don't lose time chasing colleagues for updates and we can instead focus more on achieving our goals 💪. Thorough documentation also serves as a learning resource for all future planning; reflecting on what went well and where we struggled helps us avoid the same mistakes next time ❌.

💡 Recognize this template? It's from @Nick Willemsens' webinar on quarterly goals! Watch it on demand here. 💡

💡Missed the quarterly goals brainstorm? Check it out here. Interested in the project board? Find it here.💡

How do we document quarterly goals with MeisterNote?

Using Sub-Pages to Create a Navigable Structure

Like our quarterly goals mind map, our note is split broadly into products and departments. Product pages are broken down further into Project Overview and Project Achievements, dividing information into what we want to do and what we've managed to do.

As you can see from the image below, this structure makes it easy to find what we're looking for, quickly:

Once within a sub-page, we use the (i) button on the right sidebar to navigate between headings. For instance, in the Project Overview sub-page, we can see the following headings:

In the Project Achievements page, we document the project description and roadmap, followed by a section detailing each achievement individually.

Using To-Do Lists to Define Actionable Items

Documenting a lot of information without establishing clear actionable items can waste time 🕥. To avoid this, we always define remaining actions that are necessary for the goal's completion in a checklist. Assigning these items to team members in MeisterTask further increases accountability.

Using Content Blocks to Emphasize Important Information

It's really easy to get lost in a block of black and white text (at least for some of us 😃), which is why we make generous use of colored content blocks. These draw attention to important information, so that we know what to focus on when looking for a quick update in a short space of time. We can simply scroll down to the colored blocks, find the essentials and save the details for later 🤩.

Get the Template!

This template can be found in the Community Templates note in MeisterNote. If you don't yet have access but would like to explore this template, please let me know in the comments and I'll give you access.

I'd love to hear what you thought of this three-part series covering how we use each of our tools to plan and achieve our quarterly goals. Please comment your feedback below 😃.

See you soon!

Comments

• Admin BSF.company
    Admin BSF.company International Partner, MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 487 Community Leader
    Options

Hello @Miša Hennin thanks for posting this great use-case for documenting goals in a business environment.

This template along with that of Part 1 and Part 2 are great examples of how to implement the whole Meister Suite in anybody's business.

Keep it up!

Best.

Andres

Follow me on LinkedIn and:

BSF.company - Digital Solutions For Your Business.

Technopreneuring.Com - Optimize Resources. Maximize Results.

GestionOperativa.Com - Optimiza Recursos. Maximiza Resultados.

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 604 Community Leader
    Options

Hi @Miša Hennin

Thank you for this great post and for the infos how you document.

And thanks for showing the "Comments & Disscusions". Have missed the update about that!

Best, Samuel

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• Miša Hennin
    Miša Hennin Admin, MeisterLobster, EN Business, DE Advocate Posts: 1,388 Community Admin
    Options

You're welcome @Rooster McNugget!

I'm glad the post also had the unintentional effect of letting you know about the update 😅.

You can find more info on that here:

Best,

Miša

• Lina
    Lina EN Basic, MT Tester Posts: 22 Active Contributor
    Options

Just saw this final post - thanks for sharing the entire process from start to finish. It's cool to see how the tools complement each other.

• Jörg Roos
    Jörg Roos DE Business Posts: 16 Beginner
    Options

He there,

I do not have access to the community Templates. What do I have to do to get access? This is an amazing template as well - I want to try out….

Viele Grüsse
    Jörg

• Miša Hennin
    Options

Hi @Jörg Roos,

I've just given you access!

Let me know what you think 😊.

Best,

• Jörg Roos
    Options

Many Thanks @MisaHennin

Viele Grüsse
    Jörg

• Jörg Roos
    Options

Hi there,

Sorry for the beginner question on the community-template.

After Misa gave me access to the community-templates I am wondering, how to use these template. What is the way to copy the template with all subpages directly in my personal workspace in order to work with?

It looks like I did not understand fully how to work with templates :-)

Many thanks in advance
    Jörg

Viele Grüsse
    Jörg

• Miša Hennin
    Options

Hi @Jörg Roos,

No need to apologise! I'm here to help 😊.

Please open the note, duplicate the template you would like to use in your account, and then move it to your account.

If you are a paid user, you will be able to duplicate pages with their sub-pages included which makes the whole thing a lot easier.

Let me know if you need any more help!

Best,

Miša

• Chris Cunliffe
    Chris Cunliffe MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 65 Star Contributor
    Options

Hi Misa,

Could you give me access to these templates as well please.

Thanks

Chris

• Miša Hennin
    Options

Just did @Chris Cunliffe.

Let me know what you think/ if you need anything else!

• Chris Cunliffe
    Chris Cunliffe MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 65 Star Contributor
    Options

Got it, thanks Misa and will do 😉

• Jörg Roos
    Options

Viele Grüsse
    Jörg

• Jörg Roos
    Options

Hi @Miša Hennin

for whatever reason I cannot duplicate the community templates anymore. The only option I get when hovering the 3 dots is to save the template as a favotite one.

Of course I am still on the business plan, so this should not cause this

Can you please have a look on this?

Many Thanks
    br, Joerg

Viele Grüsse
    Jörg

• Miša Hennin
    Options

Hi Jörg,

Sorry about that - Could you try again now? Let me know if it works or not.

Best,

• Jörg Roos
    Options

It is working again! Many Thanks Misa

Viele Grüsse
    Jörg