Product Update: What’s New & What’s Next? (July 2024)

Cornelia Patscheider
Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin
edited October 7 in Announcements & Updates

I am excited to share some fantastic updates in MeisterTask and give you a sneak peek at what's coming next.

What's New?

📝 Meister's AI Writing Assistant: This week, we introduced the new AI Writing Assistant designed to boost your writing efficiency in Notes. This tool ensures you never face a blank page, whether you need help starting a note, expanding your thoughts, or polishing your content. It speeds up your writing process, sparks new ideas, and enhances your writing style and clarity. This feature is available on all plans, please note that the usage allowance is team based. More information regarding the usage allowance per plan per team is available here

📱 View and Create Discussion in your Notes on Mobile: MeisterTask's mobile app now lets you access, view, and create discussions within Notes. This feature, previously only available on the desktop, aims to enhance your productivity on the go. Stay tuned as we continue to add more functionalities to this feature. More information is available here

👤 Team Name Visibility: Your team name is now displayed prominently below your avatar. This small but significant update ensures you always know which team environment you are in without any confusion.

Revamped Complete Button: We've updated the Complete button on tasks to make it more user-friendly and to prevent accidental completions. More information is available here

🔍 Sidebar Improvements: We've added text labels to all sidebar items to make Notes, Reports, and Agenda easier to find and understand. 

🔄 Basic Plan Update: As of May 23, teams on the Basic plan are limited to accessing and editing three projects on a team level. This means a team on a Basic plan can collectively access and edit only three projects. Projects shared by Pro or Business Teams with Basic users won't count towards this limit. This change affects only users on the Basic plan. Users on a Pro or Business plan are not affected by this change. More information is available here and here

🚀 Behind the Scenes Work: We've made several updates to support the quality we're striving for: 

• Faster loading time for tasks and projects. 
  • A renewed note editor in Notes to support creating more building block types (hello tables in Notes) in the future.
  • Improved response rate for Ask Meister AI with our new "note popularity" ranking mechanism. This means that recent page views now help us to prioritize the best sources for Ask Meister AI – improving the quality of responses.

What's Next? 

📱 Enhancements to Notes on Mobile: Notes are currently available for viewing on the mobile app, and soon, you will be able to create and edit notes directly from your mobile device.

🗂 New List View Format: We are introducing a new List View format that will allow you to organize and display tasks within project boards in a clear, straightforward list, moving away from the traditional Kanban Board. More information is available here

📑 Public Notes: We are looking forward to turning a note into a public page. In the future, you can easily share your notes, documents, project plans, and more with everyone. This feature is incredibly valuable, as it allows you to make documents public. 

🖼 Template Gallery Launch: We are excited to announce the upcoming launch of a Template Gallery on our website. This will allow users to browse project templates. 

📅 Microsoft Teams Integration: We will sadly say goodbye to our integration with Microsoft Teams. Microsoft recently updated Microsoft Teams, unfortunately impacting the functionality of the MeisterTask integration. Some features are no longer compatible, and due to the relatively low usage of the integration, Meister has decided to discontinue this integration on July 31, 2024. More information is available here

🛠 Enhancing Integrations: We are exploring ways to better integrate everyday tools like emails, calendars, and spreadsheets into MeisterTask. Updates on this initiative will be provided as our plans become more concrete. 

📊 Improvements to the Dashboard: We are investigating enhancements to the dashboard to provide a more intuitive and informative user experience.

We hope you're excited about the new features and improvements! If you have any ideas for future features, please share them in the Feature Ideas Section of our community. Before sharing your idea, check if someone else has already posted it. You can also support existing ideas by upvoting them. We can't wait to see your suggestions!

If you have questions, feel free to ask them in the comments.

👋 Cornelia 

Comments

• Cathy Fanning
    Cathy Fanning MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 185 Mastermind

I'm sad to see Teams and Microsoft 365 Groups automations being discontinued, but I understand why. Will try the couple of suggestions for the Teams integration. Any suggestions or work arounds for Microsoft 365 Groups.

Regards

Cathy Fanning

www.thetemporaryalternative.com.au

• Cornelia Patscheider
    Cornelia Patscheider Admin, Moderator, MeisterLobster, EN Business Posts: 1,018 Community Admin

Hi @Cathy Fanning ,

I played around with a couple of scenarios in Microsoft Teams. I liked the option best to pin the MeisterTask Project to the tab as a simple Website link. I described this option in more detail here in this Help Center article.

As for the Microsoft 365 integration, unfortunately I don't have any tips there. I wonder if Zapier or Integrately can help though. If someone has experience with this, let us know :)

• Cathy Fanning
    Cathy Fanning MT Tester, EN Business Posts: 185 Mastermind

Hi @Cornelia Patscheider

Thanks for the suggestions. I think the web link from MeisterTask to Teams might be the way to go. I had a quick look at the support article.

I'll have a play around with Microsoft 365 Groups and see if I come up with some alternatives and of course share them in the Community.

Cheers

Regards

Cathy Fanning

www.thetemporaryalternative.com.au

• Joerg Koper
    Joerg Koper MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 1,469 Community Leader

Hi @Cornelia Patscheider 👋🙂

This is all very interesting and informative. I'm really looking forward to the new features and the gallery launch.

Best, Jörg

Als Experten-Partner von Meister führe ich in meiner Agentur u. a. Workshops für die Integration der Meister Software durch. Hier in der Community freue ich mich auf den Austausch mit Euch und helfe bei Fragen zu MeisterTask, MeisterNote und MindMeister gerne weiter.

Weitere Informationen findest Du auf agenturkoper.de und LinkedIn.

• Rooster McNugget
    Rooster McNugget MT Tester, DE Business Posts: 671 Community Leader

The update sounds very good. Looking forward to test it out!

Best, Rooster

The impossible does not exist! The solution has just not been found yet!

• This content has been removed.